Monday, November 21, 2016

Monday Mishmash 11/21/16


Happy Monday! Monday Mishmash is a weekly meme dedicated to sharing what's on your mind. Feel free to grab the button and post your own Mishmash.

Here's what's on my mind today:
  1. NaNoWriMo Winner!  Yesterday, I was finally able to claim my November 7th victory of writing 50K. My word count continues to count against me, but at least I am officially a winner now.
  2. Drafting  I'm working on book two for this month, but it's going very slowly due to client edits.
  3. New Author Banner  I decided to finally splurge and get myself a banner to stand behind my tables at book signings. I opted for the four-foot one since I don't think the six-foot ones are fully seen anyway since the table covers them. Here's the banner I designed:
  4. December 3rd Signing  My banner I just mentioned is arriving December 1st, days before my next signing, which is taking place at Middle Smithfield Elementary School during their local vendor event. My daughter, Ayla, will be signing with me. Her first signing!
  5. Editing  I'm trying to stay on schedule with the holiday and the days off from school. Wish me luck!
  6. Happy Thanksgiving!  I hope you all have a safe and happy thanksgiving!
That's it for me. What's on your mind today?

22 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your NaNoWriMo win (never had a doubt you'd excel at that). Banner looks great.

    After advice from a professional editor on my novel, I'm in the process of brainstorming how I can rewrite the whole thing. Rather stumped so I may just shelve the whole thing until the new year. With kids and the run up to Christmas, life is hectic.

    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Fi.

      Do you agree with the editor's advice? If it's for a complete rewrite, you might want to get a second opinion from a beta reader, unless you read the editor's feedback and agreed that's what the book needs.

      Delete
  2. I saw your NaNo celebration on Instagram. Woot! That's wonderful. Congratulations! I couldn't partake, but I'm shooting for my own private writing spree over the next few weeks. Hoping to get that next book fully drafted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always think banners look great at author events. You two have fun together at yours, that's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The banner is long overdue. It took a great deal to make me finally do it. ;)

      Delete
  4. Banner looks great. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to be a winner! Congrats on reaching that goal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so funny. Of course you can write 50k words in a month (the purpose of NaNo) Glad you could claim the win though. More importantly, congrats on trying something new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was definitely about trying something new. I think it's good to see what works and what doesn't.

      Delete
  7. LOVE the banner, and how cool that you get to do a signing with your daughter! The thing of dreams, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you got to finally make your NaNo win official. Great banner...have an amazing time with your daughter at the signing. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bravo on finishing NaNo well ahead of time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY! That looks like an awesome banner. I love that you've found that events like this are a great way to sell books. One of my fellow S&S authors did a ton of craft fairs last Christmas and was amazed at how many books she sold at each. I just did one at an elementary school festival in September and WOW. That is for sure a great way to get your books in the hands of kids!!! Some people have had luck selling at "cons," but I think that's more for horror/sci-fi novelists?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, schools are great that way, aren't they? I saw pictures on FB from your recent school visit. Looked like it went well.

      Delete
  11. None of us, readers of your blog and books, doubted you're a winner, Kelly. It's official now!

    ReplyDelete

All anonymous comments will be marked as spam and not published.